This is a full day of elephant interaction that takes place at our stunningly beautiful Park. In the company of your elephant’s personal mahout as well as your tour guide, you will learn how to look after your elephant by bathing, grooming and feeding. Basically, you will “own” your elephant for the day. As part of this option we will also teach you how to cook your own traditional Thai lunch, using fresh ingredients that you pick from our very own organic garden. This tour is ideal for visitors wanting to be off-the-beaten-track, seeking eco-friendly life in rural Thailand and wanting to know more about Asian elephants and real Thai cooking.
07.30: Hotel pick-up in air-conditioned transport (pick up time depends on your location).
On arrival at Phang Nga Elephant Park, you will be offered our refreshing signature welcome drink before putting on freshly laundered traditional mahout clothing (perfectly designed for a day with an elephant). We have excellent shower and locker-room facilities.
You will then meet up with your guide, who will explain a bit about the history and life of the Asian elephant as well as provide information about out Park. We will show you how to approach and direct an elephant and give you all the important information about the day, including a safety briefing.
Then you will be taken to meet your “own” personal elephant and mahout.
10.30: Next you will have an exciting hour-long trek “bare-neck” through the forest – an incredible start to your one-to-one elephant experience. During this trek you will feed and learn how to communicate with your elephant.
After the trek, we invite you to bath and clean your elephant in our freshwater pool.
12.30: After a shower, we will visit our organic garden to pick some of the ingredients needed to cook your lunch. Under the guidance of our experienced Thai chef, you will now be invited to cook your own delicious and exotic three-course meal.
Finally, you will have time to relax, walk around, take photos, visit our souvenir shop and then, we expect rather sadly, you will say goodbye to your elephant, at least until the next visit!
16.00: We will drive you back to your hotel.
Tour price includes:
- Transfers (minimum of 2 people – there is single supplement charge of 1,500 THB for a single person)
- All activities and services as specified in the itinerary
- English-speaking tour guide
- Refreshments and snacks
Tour price does not include:
- Alcoholic beverages (we do not permit alcohol consumption when handling elephants)
Things to bring:
- Camera, sun lotion, insect spray, sunglasses, sun hat, waterproof clothing (depending on the forecast).
- Change of clothes and towel if you want to shower after your elephant experience
- Please respect the elephants at all times
- No running or loud noises
- Only feed the food we provide (human food can be harmful to elephants)
- Always obey the instructions from the guides
- Never approach an elephant on your own (remember elephants are very kind and intelligent but they do weigh over two tons)
- No-show and cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled tour date are non-refundable.
- A fee of 3.9% will be deducted from all refunds made to credit card payments.
- We do provide full accident insurance for our clients. All guests must be aware that the experience involves adventure activities and take part in this tour at their own risk.
- All guests participating in a tour at Phang Nga Elephant Park are strongly advised to take out their own personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury, or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of the tour.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage to visitors’ personal belongings while at Phang Nga Elephant Park.
The above itineraries are examples of the activities that usually take place on the tours. The order of activities varies. All tour itineraries are subject to a certain amount of variation due to the weather and local conditions on the day of the tour.