Hotel pick-up in an air-conditioned vehicle. Please note that although we try to arrive as close as possible to the notified time, pick-up times do vary depending on your location.
You will arrive at Phang Nga Elephant Park at 9.30 a.m. or 12.30 p.m. On arrival at the Park, you will meet your guide and be offered our refreshing signature welcome drink.
After your mandatory safety briefing, we will discuss the importance of the ethical management of the Asian elephant and why animal welfare is paramount and at the heart of our work.
You will then have the chance to meet and feed your elephant with a special and nutritious snack that you have prepared.
You will be invited to scrub your elephant’s skin with a special vine used for centuries for this purpose.
You will then have a life-enhancing experience of bathing together with your elephant in our rock pool.
Finally, we will recharge your batteries with refreshments including delicious tropic fresh fruit.
We will drive you back to your hotel.
The Experience Includes:
- Learning about Asian elephants
- Preparing food for your elephant
- Feeding your elephant
- Learning how to take care of your elephant’s skin
- Bathing with your elephant (or simply watching others if you prefer)
- Delicious tropical refreshments
- Air-conditioned transfer in a comportable vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Excellent shower and secure locker-room facilities available to store your belongings
Things to bring:
- Camera, sun lotion, insect repellent, sunglasses, sun hat, waterproof clothing (depending on the forecast), trainers and swimwear (for bathing with your elephant).
- Change of clothes and towel if you would like to shower after your elephant experience.
- Please respect the elephants at all times
- No running or loud noises
- Only feed the food we provide (human food can be harmful to elephants)
- Always obey the instructions from the guides
- Never approach an elephant on your own (remember elephants are usually very kind and intelligent but they do weigh over two tons)
- You must always stay with your guide
- No-show and cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled tour date are non-refundable.
- A fee of 3.9% will be deducted from all refunds made to credit card payments.
- We provide full accident insurance for our clients, but all guests must be aware that the experience involves adventure activities and you accept that you take part in this tour at your own risk. We are legally required to ask you to sign a form on arrival to say that you understand this.
- All guests participating in a tour at Phang Nga Elephant Park are strongly advised to take out their own personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury, or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of the tour.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage to visitors’ personal belongings while at Phang Nga Elephant Park.
The above itineraries are examples of the activities that usually take place on the tours. The order of activities varies. All tour itineraries are subject to a certain amount of variation due to the weather and local conditions on the day of the tour.